To get the best results when accessing the TFS website on your computer, laptop or mobile device it is important to use one of the internet browsers supported by TFS.
Don’t worry. You probably already have what you need.
For Desktop and Laptop Computers
If you are using a desktop computer or laptop, the up-to-date versions of these browsers will work:
- Google Chrome
- Apple Safari
- Mozilla Firefox
- Microsoft Edge
TFS does not support Internet Explorer.
It is important to make sure your computer or device is current with all of the software updates released by the browser. The updates will help with security and reliability and can happen as often as every six weeks.
- Chrome and Firefox updates will happen automatically when you close and reopen the browser.
- If you are using Safari, a red dot will appear on the icon that looks like a gray gear when a software update is available.
If you are not sure what browser you are using, click on https://www.whatsmybrowser.org/ The site will fill you in on what browser your computer is running along with some other tech details.
For Mobile devices and Tablets
Chrome is the default browser for the most popular Android phones and tablets, while Apple’s iPhones and iPads come with Safari. Both browsers are supported by TFS.
If you are still having trouble accessing TFS, we suggest you try clearing your browser’s cache and those pesky cookies. Below are some helpful links.
- Google Chrome – https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/9098093
- Apple Safari – https://support.apple.com/en-ca/guide/safari/sfri47acf5d6/mac
- Mozilla Firefox – https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-clear-firefox-cache
- Microsoft Edge – https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/view-and-delete-browser-history-in-microsoft-edge-00cf7943-a9e1-975a-a33d-ac10ce454ca4